- Level 1 Training is specific to and geared for all kids from 2nd grade to 6th grade
- Level 2 Training is specific to all kids at the middle school age, and that's from 7th grade to 8th grade
- Level 3 Training is specific to all high school athletes, which covers grades 9th through 12th grade
As you enter your children into their training sessions please adhere to the classification and place them within the appropriate age group. We will monitor those athletes that may be more advanced, or require more entry level training within their appropriate classification. The trainers will adjust their training methods to accommodate each athlete appropriately.
The Introductory Package Includes:
Skills Assessment: The Skills Assessment is approximately an hour where your child’s skills will be evaluated and assessed. This evaluation ensures that as your child continues with The LAB, he/she is matched-up with other student-athletes who are at a similar skill level during subsequent training sessions. We typically do not provide written or verbal feedback about the Skills Assessment as we are simply trying to gauge your child’s current skill level. Feedback is given frequently once your child begins with The LAB. The Skills Assessment will evaluate your child in the following areas:
o Shooting Tactics
o Dribbling Strength
o Individual Strength
o Defensive Prowess
o Overall Abilities
Training Sessions: In addition to the one-hour skills assessment, the Introductory Package also includes two, one-hour training sessions.
The Sports Performance Lab is covered by AAU insurance. It is required that all student-athletes have an active AAU membership in order to participate with The LAB prior to your child's first session, please send a copy of your child's AAU card or membership number. If your child is not an active AAU member, please let us know and we will send some instructions as to how you can sign up.
Payment for the Introductory Package can be made over the phone by calling 503.550.8558. Credit or Debit cards are accepted. Payment must be received prior to the player's Skills Assessment. Subsequent payments can be made on a per session basis, or, through one of The Lab's Membership Packages.
- Schedules can be completed on a week to week basis.
- The Lab uses a scheduling software that you can set your own training sessions.
- Scheduling can only be done within 7 days in advance
- You can control your schedule and cancel or set your schedule same day if you so choose, it is “Mom” approved
- Please refrain from filming your child or any component of the training sessions without The Lab Team's expressed approval.
- Non-adherence to this policy may result in your child's dismissal from The Lab. With that said, please make sure to communicate this policy with your friends, family members, or anyone else who may be attending your child's training sessions.
- Please take some time to review the attached Videography Policy.
- SIGNED VIDEOGRAPHY POLICY FORMS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT. (Please bring signed document to the skills assessment)
- Please take some time to review the attached waiver form.
- SIGNED WAIVER FORMS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT. (Please bring signed document to the skills assessment)
Player Character Contract
- Please take some time to review the attached "Player Character Contract" with your child.
- Once you have had a chance to do so, please ask your child to sign the "Player Character Contract".
- SIGNED PLAYER CHARACTER CONTRACTS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT (Please bring signed document to the skills assessment).
*CLICK EACH DOCUMENT TO OPEN AND DOWNLOAD*
Skills Training Waiver
Player Character Contract
What to Expect at Your First Training Sessions
One of The Lab's primary goals is to produce the best athletes on the court, but also provide an environment in which the player, all players feel comfortable and ready to work. We not only work to improve basketball technique, we also work to improve strength, conditioning, speed, and agility. You can expect your child to get better within the game of basketball and also increase their overall self-confidence,
Please let us know if you have any questions about the above content, or about any other aspect of The Lab.
Please let us know when you are ready to get started with your membership. Once we hear from you, our coach Sherman will be in touch with you to answer any questions that you may have. To contact coach Sherman please call or text 503.550.8558.
We are very excited to get to know your Family better and to be a part of your child's development as an elite student-athlete!